Who are you becoming? I am a soul-inspired storyteller, entrepreneur, foster alumni, advocate, artist, mother, educator, coach & writer #nomudnolotus
Kimberly Colleen Rhyan has been working in Higher Education since 2003 and received awards and honors in New York and Ohio for her innovative programming. She earned her B.A. in Fine Art from Mount Vernon Nazarene University and M.A. in Creative Arts Therapy from Hofstra University.
I am a soul-inspired educator and coach.
· I have more than 15 years of experience within the public and private sector: I have more than 10 years of experience in higher education at public and private institutions.
· As a result of my career so far, I have developed a passion for coaching through Soul-Storytelling; I possess a servant leadership heart seek to sustain holistic engagement and support of my audience.
· Through strategic coaching, I help others in the process of Storytelling, Mapping their Purpose & Stepping into their Future.
I am former foster youth, single-parent/mother, advocate and speaker.
· I have spoken across the nation at various state and national conferences; please contact me if you need a keynote speaker or workshop presenter.
· My past experiences includes developing student driven programs and serving the needs of diverse student populations, especially students experiencing crisis; I have provided assistance to single parents, foster youth, homeless, and first generation college students.
· The majority of my speaking engagements have been focused on being a former foster youth, reconciliation, personal wellness, creativity, faith, advocacy, and student retention programs.
I am an artist/art teacher, creative problem solver, blogger and writer.
· I graduated from Mount Vernon Nazarene University with a Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts and Hofstra University, with a Master of Arts in Creative Arts Therapy.
· I excel in creative problem solving, in order to meet the needs of key stakeholders, students, and community entities. I am able to initiate new ideas and take on new responsibilities to build successful outcomes; I have received several grants in New York and Ohio.
· I have had my artwork on display across Ohio, at educational institutions, Groveport City Hall, and the Ohio Statehouse.
· I also teach painting classes for all ages, for various groups, including churches, educational institutions and community organizations; each class is customized and prices vary.
I am Kimberly Colleen Rhyan.